Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CJ5
Message 1 of 4

FTTP New Build Issues

Go to solution

Hi, 

I moved into a new build house on the 7th December 2018.

Openreach installed the modem in the house and said within 24hrs all lights would be green and we would be good to go for internet.

Well here we are 4 weeks later and our PON light is still flashing green. 

BT keep sending me round and round telling me they have escalated the issue but nothing has been done in my eyes.

We can't get internet because our PON is flashing and BT say we are 'not ready for service'. But we are , everything is there, all the HW is connected. I don't know what the issue is and no one will send an engineer out.

I sent our serial number off twice to BT who said they passed it onto openreach.

They said they are waiting for an engineers report to come in now, but this could 5 working days.

I filled out a form to contact openreach directly but have heard nothing back. 

I wouldn't mind so much but I work from home a lot because my office is 60 miles away. This is costing me upwards of £300 a month in fuel so I am losing my patience. 

It's not like I need the internet for casual browsing or streaming videos. I need it to work.

I don't even get phone network signal in the house because a mast is down so I am in limbo in my own house.

Is there anything else I can do to get this resolved quicker?

I feel I am clutching at straws

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: FTTP New Build Issues

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

Is this a business connection or a residential one, as you mentioned that you use it for work?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
CJ5
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
Hi, it is residential.
My company allows me to work from most days home because I live so far away
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

All FTTP help is done by FTTP team on 08005874787. The mods on here cannot help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings