cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

FTTP New Installation Booked - Cable & Box Expectations?

Hi All,

NI am new (or a distant returnee) to BT & new to Fibre - Openreach installed FTTP in the street last month and i am jumping on the bandwagon...

I have a few questions

1) Size of the hole required from out to in?  would a hole currently housing an un-used TV Ariel (75ohn COAX) cable hole be suitable?

2) a) How far will run the fibre from this entry point?  my ancient Master socket is 20ft away across the other side of the room - b) will they run along the 'groves' of old decorative skirting board? or atop a picture rail?

3) does the ONT actually need to be fixed to the wall?  can it sit on a bookshelf for example?

4) does the ONT & new router need to be close together?  or can they be separated by a suitable quality LAN cable?

Many thanks

Iain  

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: FTTP New Installation Booked - Cable & Box Expectations?

@ids777wrote:

Hi All,

NI am new (or a distant returnee) to BT & new to Fibre - Openreach installed FTTP in the street last month and i am jumping on the bandwagon...

I have a few questions

1) Size of the hole required from out to in?  would a hole currently housing an un-used TV Ariel (75ohn COAX) cable hole be suitable?

Depends where the hole is.

2) a) How far will run the fibre from this entry point?  my ancient Master socket is 20ft away across the other side of the room - b) will they run along the 'groves' of old decorative skirting board? or atop a picture rail?

It is immaterial where the Master socket is. The fibre cable doesn't connect to the Master socket.

3) does the ONT actually need to be fixed to the wall?  can it sit on a bookshelf for example?

Yes, the ONT needs fixing to a wall.

4) does the ONT & new router need to be close together?  or can they be separated by a suitable quality LAN cable?

No. They cam be separated.

Many thanks

Iain  

0 Ratings