cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 16

Re: FTTP New build process?

I’ve just done that this morning, they said it’s not ready for service so have raised a call with Openreach. Could taken 1 week to over a month?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 12 of 16

As they've raised a call with Openreach at least they should be able to get a timeline for install.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 13 of 16

No, I don’t think they’ll be pulling in 20 miles of Fibre from the Head End because FTTP doesn’t use individual fibres.

I can virtually guarantee they’ll be CBT Fibre on site. On new builds Openreach have the two bit builder to install an EZ Bend Cable and leave it cooled up at the outside. Openreach ID Teams then come in and pull in CBT Fibre from the CBT DP and splice it onto the EZ Bend Cable.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 14 of 16

I didn't think they would be either. The fact that the postcode wasn't in the database meant the OP couldn't even get further info.

I suspect it is the developer at fault for not informing Openreach of completed plots being ready for the ID team. They normally do them in batches on large builds.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 16

At a loss where to go with this now, moving in tomorrow and the fibre is still curled up outside. Openreach texted me saying not ready for service, I’ve been onto the developer constantly and they in turn have been onto the Openreach contact that they have leaving messages 4/5 times a day for the past 4 days and nothing, whoever this Openreach person is wont return calls or answer his phone. It’s the only contact they have.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 16 of 16

How have you got on with this issue? I fear we're in the same boat, fibre coiled up outside and no main sockets inside. Our postcode is on RM site but not on openreach.
0 Ratings