cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

FTTP ONT Modem

Go to solution

Hi , I’ve just upgraded to Full Fibre 300 and it’s all working fine. The engineer mentioned not to unplug the ONT Modem for more than an hour, or the bar code on the front of the Modem would need to be re-entered. This is a very neat unit which doesn’t correspond to illustrations on BT site. It has since occurred to me that if there is a power failure for more than that time how do I re-enter that code or is it a phone call to a nice BT person. I can find no mention of this on the site.

Thanks 

Blueastra0

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: FTTP ONT Modem

Go to solution

First I've heard of that, seems very unlikely that the modem would be de-registered. Hopefully @Starwire  will be along at some point to confirm or deny.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Not true at all. Don’t know where said Engineers getting his info from but it’s wrong.

I’ve known ONT’s be switched off for 2-3 weeks at a time for various reasons and it didn’t affect them at all once switched back on.

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks very much for that, you have put my mind at rest.

The engineer was quite clear about everything else, perhaps just wanted to discourage unplugging the unit at all ?  

Kind regards

Blueastra0

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@Starwire 

I appreciate you know what you are talking about my friend but an engineer turned up to install FTTP at my neighbour's house last week and told them they could only have FTTC (Fibre To The Cabinet)

I have to ask who the hell is teaching these guy's because my neighbour 100% can get FTTP so they sent another engineer out two days later who had him FTTP connected in a couple of hours.

It does beg the question.😂

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings