cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

FTTP ONT lights

Go to solution

Hi,

So, I have the new OpenReach ONT installed (the Nokia G-01G-Q, I believe it is). I'm curious to understand more about the 4 lights on it, in case of issues, but cannot find any documentation on this. The ONT, for example, isn't listed with all the others here: https://www.bt.com/help/landline/lights-on-the-openreach-modem

For clarity, there are 4 lights - Power, LOS, PON and LAN. By default, Power and PON are on statically and LAN is flashing. However, I'd curious to understand the LOS one a little more plus what it would mean if any of the others, for example, started flashing or went out, what that would mean.

Does BT have this information anywhere?

Cheers,
David.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: FTTP ONT lights

Go to solution

LOS= Loss of Signal, i.e the fibre is disconnected.

If PON is flashing, it means you are physically connected to a lit fibre but you have no access.

LAN flashing is normal Ethernet activity as seen on any Ethernet port.

Power is obvious.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

LOS = Loss of Signal. If it is on then there is problem with the fibre optic cable between your house and (roughly speaking) the exchange.

PON = Passive Optical Network. It should be solidly on meaning your ONT been recognised by BT. If it flashing then it is negotiating recognition. Obviously you need a signal to do this, so if LOS is on PON may flash or simply be off.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks.

0 Ratings