cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

FTTP On Demand Availability

Go to solution

According to Plusnet my address is served by FTTP on Demand. The Plusnet agent shared the attached screenshot for my address. Plusnet told me that only BT could supply FTTP on Demand so I called BT (after trying their website). BT told me that FTTP on Demand is not available at my address. Any idea why?

Services (2).png

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: FTTP On Demand Availability

Go to solution

Its a BT Business product only, and costs thousands of pounds.

Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

As Keith said it’s a bespoke Business Product and I know they limit the amount of orders they take at any given time.

Network Build and Installation can literally take over a year.

To give you some idea of cost an End User I visited this week enquired about it and was quoted £16,000 to get Fibre from the nearest Aggregation Node 500m away.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

The predicted FTTC speed is very good, but if you wanted even better and wanted to go for FTTPod , first chose a provider that offers this Openreach product ( BT Consumer don’t )

You then ask that ISP for a free desktop survey,  to get a ballpark figure for provision ( you pay the construction costs of FTTPod) , if this  free estimate is temping enough for you to continue, you pay a non refundable £250-£300 for a proper bespoke contractual estimate , that returns the true costs you are expected to pay ( obviously this may differ from the free estimate ) , if you still want to proceed, your survey fee is taken off and you pay the balance to whatever ISP you have used, and OR start to build the network to your home.

Whoever you spoke to apparently don’t know what they are talking about when it comes to FTTPod....it can and has been provided for residential customers, but not from ‘BT Consumer’ or Plusnet, but from ‘niche’ ISPs that sell it...a simple search will find those that do.

Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Thank you @iniltous . This is very helpful. I have asked for a quote from one of the ISPs.

Is there a way of finding out when FTTP is likely to come anyway on the roll out plan? I am in Cambridge and it is rolling out pretty fast there anyway.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks @pompey1898 

It seems that website regards >24Mbps as superfast and my address has that so they think I am fine.

To be honest. The address also has Virgin Ultrafast so I should not complain. I am just sick of Virgin rubbish customer service (in fact Virgin has had non-existent customer service since COVID).

I just hope that they approve Virgin / O2 merger which I hope will finally improve Virgin customer service.

I realise I am very privileged and nobody should have any sympathy for me.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

@samwardill1wrote:

Thanks @pompey1898 

It seems that website regards >24Mbps as superfast and my address has that so they think I am fine.

To be honest. The address also has Virgin Ultrafast so I should not complain. I am just sick of Virgin rubbish customer service (in fact Virgin has had non-existent customer service since COVID).

I just hope that they approve Virgin / O2 merger which I hope will finally improve Virgin customer service.

I realise I am very privileged and nobody should have any sympathy for me.

Hi @samwardill1 ,

If you have Virgin available I suspect you will be regarded as an intervention area such that CC can be of assistance.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

@pompey1898  What do you mean?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

You have Virgin available

0 Ratings