cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

FTTP On Demand

I live in central London (zone 2) and we are unable to get a reliable internet connect at our address. My husband needs to work from home and there are no providers that will service us, even though addresses all around us have fibre connections. Openreach has advised me that I should make a request for FTTP on demand in order to get connected but there doesn't seem to be any way to do this. We are getting really desperate and don't know what to do.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: FTTP On Demand

You will need deep pockets for FTTPoD, it can run into tens of thousands of pounds construction costs with very high ongoing rental costs. It is primarily a business product, Google for FTTPoD providers.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: FTTP On Demand

BT Consumer don’t offer the Openreach product FTTPod, and as already stated , it can be expensive as you pay the construction costs of getting the network to your home , although a ballpark estimate done from the desk of an OR planner (looking at lineplant records for the area )   can be provided via ISP’s that do offer FTTPod for free,  to get a ‘contractual’ cost, you have pay around £250-£300 for the planner to visit and provide a proper survey , if you continue once the actual costs are known, the survey fee is subtracted from the construction cost, if you decide not to proceed at this point, you forfeit the survey fee.

If you have neighbours in the same situation, a CFP ( community funded project ) may be better...with these OR have a ‘commercial’ figure they are prepared to ‘spend’ on your area , if the costs to provide FTTP are greater that this , the ‘gap’ between the two is paid by the community, obviously the more community members willing to share the excess costs the smaller each individual contribution, and depending on the setting ( for example a rural area where it’s less likely to make commercial sense for any company to provide regular FTTP ) government vouchers may be available to cover the gap funding.

0 Ratings