cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

FTTP Order - New Router

Go to solution

Hi, having FTTP installed this Friday, should I have had a new router delivered or will my existing router work

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: FTTP Order - New Router

Go to solution

Depends if your existing router has a WAN port. There are 2 versions of the Smart Hub 2, one with a WAN port and 3 LAN ports and one with 4 LAN ports. Not sure whether earlier versions of the hub had a WAN port. If you have a third party router with a WAN port it will work fine.

Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

If the BT supplied router you have doesn't support FTTP then you should receive a replacement just before install.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Hi, yeah it has 4 LAN ports. Called BT again, turns out the system didn't recognise that I had ordered fttp therefore the new router wasn't dispatched, they have now orderedthe router for it to arrive on the Friday. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
Liquorice, hi, FTTP getting installed today but BT confirmed my router won't be here today. What will happen, can the existing Smart Hub 2 work or does it mean no internet until new one arrives
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Unfortunately the existing SH2 won't work as it doesn't have a WAN port. You can connect a single PC/ laptop directly to the ONT if you set up a PPPoE connection as a last resort. 

Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Ok, thanks for your help

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

https://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-setup-and-use-pppoe-internet-connections-windows-10/

Explains how if you are not familiar with it. Username is bthomehub@btbroadband.com and password BT

Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Ah brilliant, thanks for this, appreciated

0 Ratings