cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

FTTP Order

Go to solution

Hi everyone! I just would like to check something, hopefully somebody can answer. This morning FTTP went live in our street, 1Gbps is showing up on the Openreach website, BT broadband deals (new customer) as well as the BTWholesale Broadband checker website. However when I logged in to my BT account and clicked on the upgrade broadband option, only the g.fast+Halo2 upgrade option is popping up. (I'm currently on g.fast100+Halo1) So I called directly the FTTP team on 08005874787 and talked to a lady who was really nice and explained it seems only new customers can place an order now. She put me on hold and talked to her manager and said she had to submit a form to enable my account to upgrade my broadband package from g.fast to FTTP. She said it takes 3-5 working days to update my account and she will call me back on wednesday next week to put the upgrade order through over the phone. Now my question is; could this be true it's only for new customers? I thought I can upgrade my package any time during my contract without any issue or fee. I know installation will be delayed due to covid but I was hoping I can at least "pre-order" it and make sure it will be in the loop already so when restrictions are lifted it could go ahead.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: FTTP Order

Go to solution

Openreach have put all upgrades to FTTP on hold until 1st March except those with less than 30Mbps connections.

ISP's can request an exception from Openreach but it may not always be granted.

Message 3 of 3

Re: FTTP Order

Go to solution

That's great to know! Thank you for your answer!

0 Ratings