cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mercexe
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

FTTP - PON light steady green; still can't place order?

Hi there, I have moved into a new development which has the "fibre to the premises" system.  

The Openreach equipment has all been installed and I was told by the BT sales team to wait until the PON light goes steady green (it was originally flashing) and I will then be able to place my Infinity order and receive my Home Hub.

The PON light went steady green today so I called up accordingly .... and yet I was told it was still not showing as ready on the BT systems and there is nothing they or I can do except sit and wait until I get a text message?

I've already been waiting weeks for internet. What more needs to be done?  Why can nobody help me or give me any information?

The developer and Openreach are saying everything is done at their end and I need to place the order with BT....

All my neighbours in the building are already up and running.

This is the worst and most disjointed customer services experience.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: FTTP - PON light steady green; still can't place order?

Is it the FTTP sales team you've been in contact with? 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
mercexe
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Yes, that's the team I have been speaking with....

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Have they taken the serial number from you?

If so, it's just a waiting game.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
mercexe
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Yes, they have the serial number.

What exactly is it a waiting game for?  Who is waiting for what?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Waiting for Openreach to update their database to show your property as ready for service.

Until that database is updated, no ISP will be able to place an order. They can't order something which isn't.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 7 of 9

IIRC the Openreach availability is updated weekly, I can't remember if it's Friday or Monday though. You should be OK soon.

0 Ratings
mercexe
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Thanks for the responses.

So that I can manage my expectations, what are the next steps once  BT is finally able to place the order?

Do I then have *another* long wait to receive the Home Hub and for BT to "activate" the service on the line?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

It'll probably take 7-10 days once the order is placed, but I'll be honest, with FTTP I really don't know the timescales.
0 Ratings