cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

FTTP Rollout

Hi, is it normal for half an estate to have FTTP available (up to 900mbit) and the other half VDSL (max 70mbit)?

Literally one side of a road has FTTP, the other side doesn't! 

I hope this means the rollout of FTTP is in progress but is there anyway to know? 

It's been like this for a while at least so maybe there is some technical or road/underground duct issue which is why half the estate hasn't got FTTP yet?

I know I won't be given dates or anything, just if its in progress and coming at some point I'd be happy.

Thanks

Edit:

The broadbandchecker.btwholesale is telling me 2 differnet addresses are served by the same exchange and same cabinet, one can get WBC FTTP the other can't! Hope someone can explain?!

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: FTTP Rollout

FTTP has nothing to do with the exchange or cabinet so that does not help

Only openreach will know when and if your side of the street will get FTTP and there is no connection from this forum to openreach

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Oh, thanks for the reply

So the FTTP connection doesn't go to the exchange or cabinet at all?

I suppose if I try to contact Openreach they wouldn't tell me anyway...?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

It goes to AN exchange, but not necessarily your local exchange.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

ok thanks, so any way to find out thats its in progress/on the way at some point?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Does the side with FTTP also have a Metallic Path as well?

If not and they only have FTTP then it’s most likely they were part of a later phase in the build when FTTP became the standard to be installed as opposed to Copper.

Its not uncommon, I’ve come across it on multiple New Build Developments.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Nope, whole estate was built in the 90's

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

So is my best bet to contact Openreach directly somehow?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Do you know if it’s maybe BDUK then? Possible they ran out of funding before completing the build.

Or it could be the residents on that side of the road all paid for Community Fibre?

Or it could be Openreach have started but haven’t finished the Overlay Build. There was an estate near me where they did the first half of the estate then the other half wasn’t done until almost a year later.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Sorry whats BDUK?

Its not just one side of the road that has it available, its half the estate has it available, the other half doesn't...

0 Ratings