Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kehhaar18
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

FTTP SPEED STUCK

Go to solution
  • Hi all , I have had fttp services with by for 18 months capped at 54mbps and it's been fine . Spoke to retentions and "upgraded" to super fast 2 so 74mbps . 

I am getting 49mbps and 10mbps upload but my profile seems to be correct at 74/20 . It's actually got worse . 

I spoke to technical and they advised it was the number of devices and my minimum guarantee was 34mbps so no issue ( suspicious) 

The strange thing is I can order on the same fttp line 300mbps with 150mbps speed guarantee but the line can't give me 50mbps??? 

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated . 

Thank you 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Starwire
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: FTTP SPEED STUCK

Go to solution

Seen that before. With FTTP the Speed Profile is set by both Openreach at the ONT and by BT Wholesale on their end.

It could be BT Wholesale have changed the Profile at their end and Openreach haven’t changed the cap or vice versa.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

You need to ring the FTTP team on 0800 587 4787.

0 Ratings
kehhaar18
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

I have and I was almost fobbed off with it being my WiFi performance untill I advised I worked in telecoms and that I wasn't talking about WiFi and I know the difference lol . I am expecting a call back on Sunday and hopefully it will be sorted 🙂

0 Ratings
kehhaar18
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Screenshot_20191018_220530_com.android.chrome.jpg

 Here is the by wholesale test .

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @kehhaar18 and thanks for posting.

Sorry you're having problems with the connection speed. The test results you've posted certainly don't like right. Hopefully the faults guys can get this sorted for you but please post back and let us know how you're getting on.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
kehhaar18
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

I was due a callback today between 9-10 not had a callback but to be honest wasn't expecting to get one. The connection has improved last night to 20mbps up and 74mbps down on my 5ghz devices and my 2.4ghz devices max out at 50mbps but I'm ok with that as long as I'm getting the correct line speed . 

One point I would like to make is the fact that the advisor that I spoke too just advised it was the number of devices and that's what my speed would be and that it wouldn't get any quicker , but it has. What if I wasn't as persistent with the issue and I accepted that advice as gospel , I would be getting ripped off.  

Working in the telecommunications field managing customer service for a very large company within this industry I am disappointed In this service. 

In regards to this community forum , this has been great as the responses reinforced my view of the situation and were helpful and thanks to all that replied . 

Thanks for the help and have a great day 😀

0 Ratings
kehhaar18
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Funnily enough I got my call back now and spoke to liz and advised everything seems fine now so I retract my statement about not getting the call back although late . My point still stands about the misinformation but I do understand there is certain flows and procedures that would normally apply . Thanks again for the help 🙂

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Glad to hear you got it sorted @kehhaar18 .

Thanks for letting us know. I can appreciate your concerns about your call back etc and I'll make sure they're passed on.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings