cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

FTTP Speed Dropping

We recently had FTTP installed at our property when this is working its great however signal drops intermittently 2 or 3 times an hour and sometimes take time before goes back to normal. Is this to be expected with FTTP?

I was expected a consistent speed and less variability,

This causing lots of issues whilst working from home as it leads to network connection dropping multiple times in an hour and is making meetings impossible.

Is there a solution to fixing this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: FTTP Speed Dropping

is it your actual broadband FTTP that is dropping internet connection or more likely you wireless devices dropping connection to the hub    does hub light remain blue?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the reply.

The hub light remains blue however all devices lose connection due to the speed of the wifi dropping too low. This is happening at a higher frequency at the moment, every 10 mins the speed drops down so that all devices lose connection and then it raises back to expected speeds. (Not ideal when on video calls for work when i can only be heard for a proportion of the meeting).

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

so you actual connection speed is as expected and heading misleading as it is the wifi causing problems

have you turned off smart setup

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub--how-can-i-turn-it-on-and-off-

have you tried a wifi analyser on your phone to see what networks are near you and channels in use then select a free or less used channel instead of sticking on auto select

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

so if the constantly fluctuating speeds not an issue caused by the FTTP as this has never been stable since it was installed? 

On the OpenReach box the Port1 light is always flashing rather than being constantly on. Is this an indication of an issue? Have read mixed messages on this.

If you think this sounds more like a wifi issue will it be caused by my Hub or something else.

I did turn smart setup off a few weeks ago but no improvement unfortunately. 

0 Ratings