cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

FTTP Speed Issues

I recently had BT Full Fibre 100 installed and I was getting speeds up to 135Mbits over WiFi to my mobile.  the router is a Smart Hub 2.  I decided to upgrade to Full Fibre 300 .  My WiFi devices connect at 800Mbps yet I only get around  about 150Mbps over WiFi.  A firestick that sits right next to the router only gets 110Mbps max when connected to 5Ghz.  Even though the WiFi connected speed is also about 800Mbps.

I have a Meraki Appliance plugged into a LAN port connecting at 1Gb.  When I speed test from this device I get 230Mbps and never more.  No tried a laptop yet because no one in my household has ethernet on their laptops anymore arghh!!!

Testing directly from BT gets 306Mbps.  The upload speed is always fine.

I've read there are issues with the Smart Hub that may get fixed with the next firmware roll out.  Would swapping out the smart hub for an alternative device help?  I have several Fritz boxes doing nothing and they are normally spot on or WAN/LAN speeds.

Any thoughts?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: FTTP Speed Issues

So just managed to get a laptop wired into the router and Im getting 310Mbps down. Massive improvement. So I guess the question still stands, why is WiFi so bad on this router?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Anyone answer this please?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Turn off smart setup.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Did that at day one.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Give one of the fritzboxes a go.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Tried one last night. WiFi much much better. Getting over 200Mbps. Are the smart hubs that bad?
0 Ratings