cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

FTTP - Why so difficult to order

I've been the community lead for a Rural Gigabit Funded FTTP roll-out in our area and the roll-out is complete bar a few tricky properties - its taken 2 years to get to this stage.

So, some of us are already able to place orders and some have even had installations within 10 days - marvellous.

But, I've been trying to order and it's been a nightmare, 3 separate lots of phone calls, spoken to numerous sales people at BT, spent about 3 hours on the phone and I'm hoping the last conversation will actually achieve my installation but I cant be sure as apparently "it has to be dealt with offline" due to data errors and may take up to 5 days to be formally acknowledged as an order.

I had a very polite lady even send me texts to say that she was on the case and would keep me informed - did she !!!

I called on my landline (I've no landlne broadband though as it was too slow), and I was told that they were having difficulties as I had no landline, strange then that I should be paying for it every month !!!

All I wanted was simple - Full Fibre 100 plus the add-on 700 mins for my phone.

Pole is just outside my garden and all ready to go.

How can it be so difficult to take a simple customer order and action it????

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: FTTP - Why so difficult to order

If you have a BT landline then enter your phone number and post result

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: FTTP - Why so difficult to order

•  Checker doesn’t even allow me to enter the first 0 of my std  code. 
    I’ve used the wholesale checker several times and FTTP is available to order. 

• maybe I should say that BT acknowledge it’s available they’re just struggling at their end to process the order. 
0 Ratings