cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sage
Sage
Message 11 of 22

Re: FTTP activation due tomorrow - questions

I would think so but note it will be a credit on your bill.

Autocomp-small.jpg

When you should receive compensation

Compensation should be paid no later than:

• 30 calendar days after a delayed start of a new service is resolved or the service is cancelled;
  • 30 calendar days after the loss of service is resolved or the service is terminated;
  • 30 calendar days after the date of the missed appointment.

How compensation will be paid

Unless you agree otherwise, compensation will be a credit on your bill. The credit will appear on your account within the timeframes above but may show on your bill at a later date.

0 Ratings
Starwire
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 22

Is digging on the pavement, and I assume a public one required?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
tarbat
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 22

@Starwirewrote:

Is digging on the pavement, and I assume a public one required?

Yes, to connect to the existing duct.

0 Ratings
Starwire
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 22

They’ll most likely use third party contractors then. 

0 Ratings
tarbat
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 22

@Starwirewrote:

They’ll most likely use third party contractors then. 

Most likely. The latest update from the BT FTTP team is by Tuesday next week. I wonder if BT will claim costs from Openreach for the automatic compensation. When I ordered, our line was listed as "KCI2 Assure" which I understand means a date could be committed to. And even on the day before our promised go live date, BT were still saying both landline and fibre internet would definitely go live the next day.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 16 of 22

Have you made a claim yet? Please keep us updated.

0 Ratings
tarbat
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 22

Have you made a claim yet? Please keep us updated.

I didn't think I had to make a claim, I thought it was an "automatic compensation scheme". But I will pursue a claim once BT have activated my landline and fibre.

0 Ratings
tarbat
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 22

So, 4 visits later we now have a new duct, and fibre terminated at a small ONT. Engineer said the job doesn't allow him to activate the ONT, so does this normally get done remotely or does it involve another engineer visit. We do have an engineer scheduled for next Monday, but that was to fit the fibre and ONT which was done today.

Currently the PON light is just flashing. Also surprised that OR leave several loops of fibre dangling from the ONT, looks very vulnerable to damage!!

1.jpg

0 Ratings
tarbat
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 22

2.jpg

0 Ratings
Starwire
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 22

The Engineers used a FFC Field Fit Connector (green Plug) so it’s normal to leave enough slack for a few remakes, which it’ll most likely need as FFC are notoriously unreliable.

Openreach are moving away from using FFC’s and going back to using Factory Made Connectors on an EZ Bend Fibre Lead In and fitting External CSP Customer Service Points and Splicing to the Fibre overhead/underground feed. The Process is called Inside-Out.

Shame he didn’t use an Internal Lead In Kit as well as it makes it look a bit neater.

Also it sounds like he was only there to complete the Rod and Rope pre Installation visit job, it wasn’t necessary for him to fit the ONT today, that’s usually done on the Install Date. Engineers in different areas have their own rules and processes though.