cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tarbat
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 23

Re: FTTP activation due tomorrow - questions

Thanks for the explanation. To be fair, the engineer said this was the first time he’d installed one of the small ONTs, and he really puzzled over where to loop the fibre that he said he’d usually loop within the bigger box that he usually fitted.

Is the “Internal Lead In Kit” something that could be retro-fitted when the next engineer comes? What does it look like?

0 Ratings
Starwire
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 23

In Internal Lead In kit is a round plug that fits over the cable entry point.

it can be fitted at a later date as you fit it once the cables been installed.

Highlighted
tarbat
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 23

@pippincpwrote:

Have you made a claim yet? Please keep us updated.

BT have finally agreed to compensation, and I've grabbed a full transcript of the chat as evidence!!  So it's not automatic, as at first BT said:
"we have not changes any amount for the services on the bill for the entire month of 23 Nov-22 Dec 19 , as this is the compensation that BT has provided and waived off the service charges for the entire month for you."

Anyway, BT have now agreed the compensation of 35 days delay @ £5 per day, and one missed appointment @ £25 = £200 compensation, with the assurance that:
"as there is only one bill generated on the account we will not be able to process the refund, but do not worry as I am opening up a complaint and putting up a note as when you will receive the 2nd bill the amount will be adjusted with the bill amount. And the balance amount will be credited to the account."

Just hope BT are true to their word.  So, now just my upgrade to Fibre 100 to sort out.

0 Ratings