cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

FTTP am I eligible?

Hi there, I’ve just recently moved into my new property and need fibre setup. I’m not currently with Bt and will be a brand new customer. Prior to moving I was told by the developers and also on the BT full fibre website page that my address was eligible for full fibre. I wanted to proceed and order the  full fibre up to 900MB speeds which was showing I could order a while ago. However now when I go to proceed it shows I’m unavailable to order it and the max I can order is “Fibre 250”. The full fibre page now displays “Full Fibre isn’t available where you live just yet” compared to previously telling me I could. When I call customer services it’s the same story they can only process fibre 250 for me and have told me potentially down the line they could migrate me onto the 900MB Full Fibre. Can someone clarify for me what’s going on exactly. I wondered if the COVID-19 situation has caused it to be temporarily suspended or something but I just need to know before I can proceed, happy to go with FIBRE 250 for now and then migrate to 900 afterwards but I was under the impression if I moved from 250 to 900 I’d need a different router? Would rather wait a week or so more and just setup the 900 if feasible.  Thanks 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: FTTP am I eligible?

Give the FTTP team  ring 0800 587 4787.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi Thanks for your reply. I have called them twice in the space of the last two days and on both occasions been told different things. One BT advisor said I wasn’t eligible for the 900MB at the moment but in time potentially, whereas the other said my equipment in the new build was definitely prepped for it but I could migrate over to it shortly after I took fibre 250 initially. So very varying answers by calling and still no clarification unfortunately. Beyond confused right now. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

So I called up a third time and got through to a gentleman who was able  to clarify for me! He explained because of COVID-19 new orders for 900MB was proving tricky so set me up on Fibre250 and told me once activated next Thursday if I called back up on Friday that someone would pretty seamlessly be able to move me onto the 900MB plan! Hopefully all goes to plan next week. 

0 Ratings