cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tphilbo
Beginner
Message 11 of 19

Re: FTTP and Exchange Only

Ok thanks. On the 0800 number in your initial response?
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 19

Yep

0 Ratings
Starwire2000
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 19

Sky don’t sell Openreach FTTP as yet, they are in the process of doing it.

Secondly just because you’re 300m from the Exchange it doesn’t mean running 300m of Fibre Cable.

FTTP comes from a Splitter that’ll be connected to a Head End, which will be in the Parent Exchange. The Exchange you’re on may be a Child Exchange. It’s Parent could be 20+ km away.
0 Ratings
tphilbo
Beginner
Message 14 of 19

Not precious about Sky - if switching to BT would enable me to get a fibre service then I'd do it.

The SWPTY exchange shows its enabled for FTTP 'in some areas' (no idea what that means from my perspective and my EO line), but it made me think that it's already setup for FTTP and theres 'something' which can be done for my EO line - BT/Sky/Other.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 19

As both @Starwire2000 and I have said, forget about the EO thing, it is totally irrelevant in the context of FTTP.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 16 of 19

SuperfastWales shold be able to give you the info you require. There's a contact link at the bottom of the page.

0 Ratings
tphilbo
Beginner
Message 17 of 19

Have already contacted them (and their predecessor) and over the last 5 years, have just received a combination of excuses and fake timelines.

I understand why I can't get FTTC on an EO line, but just trying to understand why I can't get FTTP when the exchange is enabled for it (if an EO line is irrelevant for FTTP).
0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 19

Just because the exchange is enabled would not mean that it is available to you. There is a lot of external infrastructure that
Needs to be installed.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 19

@tphilbo wrote:
Have already contacted them (and their predecessor) and over the last 5 years, have just received a combination of excuses and fake timelines.

I understand why I can't get FTTC on an EO line, but just trying to understand why I can't get FTTP when the exchange is enabled for it (if an EO line is irrelevant for FTTP).

It just means that FTTP is  available at some locations in that exchange area, not necessarily at every location.

0 Ratings