cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

FTTP and new build

Go to solution

Gud evening!

i am not sure whether this topic been discussed before. I have moved into my newly build david wilson homes. The New BT FTTP been installed and ready to go. Just need to contact BT to activate. 

My concern is the equipment is installed in the front part of the property inside a cupboard. 

1. My concern is if i keep my hub there whether the signal will be good in my living room at the rear end of the property. 

2. There are 4 Ethernet socket installed next to equipment and there  are also ethernet socket installed in my living room, bedroom and study room. I would like to know how it works? can i connect my hub to these ethernet socket and  would be able to get wired ethernet connection in living room and bedroom upstairs? what kind of wiring are these?

i tried to call david wilson and no body knows what it exactly. Any member in this community has similar kind of installation in their newly build home? i have attached couple of photos for more information. ethernet socket in living roomethernet socket in living roomFTTP in cupboard with ethernet socketFTTP in cupboard with ethernet socket

thanks in advance. 

vj

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: FTTP and new build

Go to solution

The 4 Ethernet sockets will be wired to the various rooms and can be used to site the hub elsewhere. Just use an Ethernet patch cable to connect the ONT to the appropriate socket on the patch panel and another patch cable to connect the Ethernet socket to the WAN port of the hub in the room of your choosing.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Thank you very much for your quick reply!
vj
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

This might help.

2018-11-30 19_19_34-Window.png

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
many thanks!
very helpful!