cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

FTTP costs amongst other things

Hello everyone,

First time posting so apologies for the format.

I recently found out that FTTP, specifically Full Fibre 900, was now available in my area. I spoke to Customer Services and I upgraded from Fibre 2 I believe to Full Fibre 900.

Technicians came out earlier today to install something on the outside of my house and it's just dawned on me about extra costs like physically having cabling installed underground  - and no one at BT has previously said anything about this, just that it was gonna cost £x extra per month.

I just had a web chat session with someone called Pranay who said it would be free, but then said they only worked for the Copper team and that I would have to speak to the Fibre team.

Would BT have informed me of any extra charges before work commenced? I plan on calling them soon.

I just don't want to be surprised with thousands of pounds of extra costs.

Thank you in advance.

Edit---

VDSL Range A (Clean) 
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 
8072.1201966.6AvailableAvailable--
8069.3201962.4AvailableAvailable--
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessWBC FTTP
Upto 1000Upto 220--AvailableKCI2 Assure
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) ADSL Availability Date WBC SOADSL Availability Date Left in JumperWBC ADSL 2+WBC ADSL2+ Annex MADSL MaxWBC Fixed RateFixed Rate
Up to 11--6.5 to 15AvailableAvailableYes
Up to 11Up to 16.5 to 15AvailableAvailableYes
Up to 6--5 to 8AvailableAvailable--
2----AvailableAvailableYes
2----Available----
Observed Speeds VDSLMax Observed Downstream SpeedMax Observed Upstream SpeedObserved Date
2019-12-18
Other Offerings Availability DateVDSL MulticastADSL Multicast
Available
Available
Premise Environment StatusBridge TapVRINTE FacePlateLast Test Date
Y
N
N
30-10-2020
Exchange Product Restrictions StatusFTTP Priority ExchangeWLR WithdrawalSOADSL Restriction
N
N
Y
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: FTTP costs amongst other things

There is no extra charge. You'll only pay for the service you have ordered.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the reply Pippincp - I had a look online, and with my number/location it states that FTTP installation is "KCI2 Assure" - so I don't have to pay for anything extra?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

No, the install is free.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

You will probably find that if your existing copper line is replaced with an dual (fibre/copper) line that follows the previous cable route. IE no underground trunking but overhead using existing poles.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Because it’s classed as an upgrade there is zero charge to yourself for any Civils Work.

You’d only end up paying if say the existing Copper Line was O/H but for whatever reason you wanted it moving UG.

0 Ratings