cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

FTTP fed from overhead pole problem.

Hi.

I live in a block of flats and  have ordered FTTP fibre broadband. FTTP is available at my address and can be fed from an overhead pole.

Engineering team says there might be problem with installation, as my flat is located on the back of the building and they would probably need another carrier pole or run cables underground. 

Do fibre cables have to go straight from A to B ( A is a pole, B my flat), or can they run to the side of the building that is close to the pole, and then run outside along the building wall to my flat? 

I am concerned they will say it is necessary to get an extra carrier pole installed or to dig underground, and just give up as its too much hassle for them? 

Excuse me my English.

Thank you,

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: FTTP fed from overhead pole problem.

They’ll do what they need to do to provide FTTP. If it means putting up a Carrier Pole or doing a Dig and laying duct then so be it.

I’d imagine the reason they can’t tack the cable around the building to your flat will be for safety and or getting Wayleaves from whoever owns the flat/s they’d need to put the cable on.

How does your existing line get from the pole to your flat or does it come via a different route?

0 Ratings