cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

FTTP install - CBT not active

Hi all,

Engineer came today to install FTTP. ONT installed correctly, along with the fibre cable from the CBT, but the engineer informed me that the CBT is currently inactive. He said he can't do anything more this end, and that he's passed it onto a separate team to visit the exchange to resolve. He said as soon as this is done my connection will be up and running as everything has been installed in my home.

My question is: has anyone else had any experience of the same issue, and any idea how long I should expect this to take to be resolved? Fibre has only been installed very recently in my area (engineer said I was the first connection off the CBT) so teething issues are to be expected I guess.

Thanks!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: FTTP install - CBT not active

have you tried phoning the FTTP team and see if they can help or give more information 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

Thanks - I called and they said I should expect an update in the next 5 days. Annoying but not much I can do I guess.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Could be a couple of things.

Possibly they’ve failed or forgotten light up the fibres to the CBT you’re on or they haven’t lit up the PON at all and allowed Provision Orders to go ahead by mistake.

Depending on what the issue is it could be as little as a day before they get it working or it could be a few weeks.