0 Ratings
Message 12 of 25

Re: FTTP installation of ONC question

@Wilted007 wrote:

I've a HH4, will I get a new HH?

Yes

Message 13 of 25

Im getting mine installed in the morning can let you no my experience but then I am from Belfast most engineers are very accommodating here and our cables dont come from the lamp posts for Fiber their underground here so I will reply back to your thread in the morning if you want.
Message 14 of 25

That'd be great. Thanks. 

Message 15 of 25

I work for the NHS as a software dev here so I need mine beside the computer for the lan connection might be unique case their.
Its not the business lines im getting just the consumer for it helps with remote desktop sessions.
Message 16 of 25

Northern Ireland, right OK. Should’ve said. Completely different setup over there. 

Never been but I’ve heard all phone lines come direct into the house like that, not sure why? 

I’ve seen pics of some FTTP Installs in NI and the CSP was put inside the house at the Entry Point. 

As said, speak to the Engineer when he/she arrives and I’m sure they’ll come to some kind of work around.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 25

As usual no phone call yet they normally used to ring first thing to arrange the time the appointments between 8 am and 1pm so will advise u later if they turn up. I dont know what there policy these days with the virus is if its raining or bad weather do they call it off in case their workers get sick?.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 25

So they just showed up and said that they didn't have the full live order for the system. So they claimed even though its on BT internal Hud system which gets passed to open reach, but the two lads where admit it wouldnt be finished today.

But on the plus side on my side they couldn't pull the coper wire down, so they have to go thorugh where i want it which is a bonus but by the looks of it if u havent had ur survey yet dont count on them having i finished for the same day.

Message 19 of 25

Just ordered and told 4th September was first date for install.

Message 20 of 25

Tell them u need a survey first the open reach guys are top notch though cant fault them its just Bts poor communication between the two, they need to be able to no if the need to dig up you drive way etc

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/N-Ireland-Install-Horror-but-a-good-ending-and-2-top-...