Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Addy
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

FTTP new provision

Go to solution

Hello,

I'm tryng to find out if FTTP is actually available and how to go about ordering it.  I'm querying on behalf of my brother in law who is out of the UK a lot but is in the process of rebuilding and extending an existing house West Wales  and would like FTTP.  

Openreach have completed the survey and it will be served by duct from the box near the drive entrance down to the house. .  I have checked the dsl checker using a neighbours phone number and it shows FTTP is available (screen shot below) .

I have input the post code and house name into the BT Infiinty web checker and also rang 0800 800 150  and both only offer BT Infinity FTTC with no mention of FTTP. The BT sales chap I spoke to said they can only go on the info provided by Openreach and there is no mention of FTTP  only FTTC.

Is the DSL checker correct and if so who does my b-i-l have to contact to place an order. 

many thanks

Ade

dsl checker.png

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: FTTP new provision

Go to solution

FTTP is not available on the checker that you have shown.

There is a product, FTTP on Demand but that is an expensive business product and is not available through BT.

0 Ratings
Addy
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @gg30340,

OK thats great I misunderstood the results and many thanks for the prompt reply. 

Out of interest how would the dsl checker show if residential FTTP was available.

thanks

Ade

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

It would show  FTTP  just as it is showing VDSL, FTTP on Demand, ADSL.

I may be wrong but I think that usually if there is VDSL (FTTC) it does not offer FTTP.

0 Ratings
Starwire2000
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
If native FTTP was available then it would say WBC FTTP on the top.

Also I can’t work out this thing people have with FTTC and FTTP not being available at the same place. I’ve put FTTP in many a home that has or can access VDSL, not just slow FTTC speeds either. I’ve put in 55/10 FTTP for people who have had faster speeds than that on VDSL.
0 Ratings
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

If your Brother-in-Law wants FTTP on Demand, you can find out more information online. 

New products from Openreach now make it available for 12 months (as opposed to the "old" 3 year contracts), but be prepaired for install costs. Speeds can now be up to 330 Mbps down and 50 Mbps up!

Search for FTTP On Demand suppliers. 

BT Retail won't supply it "on demand" but you can move to any FTTP supplier (inc BT Retail) after the 1st 12 months. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@Starwire2000 wrote:

Also I can’t work out this thing people have with FTTC and FTTP not being available at the same place. 

That's why I said I may be wrong.