cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 19

Re: EO Line - new build

Are you entering Openreach property yourself to take photos , or is that a 'stock image' of the inside of a jointbox ?, if you are indeed having a poke around in OR property , then you really shouldn't, regardless of if you feel 'disadvantaged' by not having access to something your near neighbour's have, you should not be lifting covers on OR's joint boxes...
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 19

Yes  it is.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 19

Not stock photo - talked to an OR engineer i saw working on it a while back and took a photo - is that ok???  The DP is on a private estate. I would never pick up the cover myself - anyway they look like they have a lock on them/need a special key to open. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 14 of 19

OK, if it’s in the Joint Box outside Number 2 and 2a then you can’t have FTTP as you’re not on that DP.

Like FTTC Openreach will not alter the Network to Provide you with Fibre, it’s a massive no. They even reiterated the point to its Engineers last week in the twice weekly news briefing they get.

Also are you sure you’re on an Exchange Only Line and not connected to PCP33?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 19

Starwire you seem very knowledgable of my local network/area - are you local to Llanduno Junction/Aberconwy.  I appreciiate what you are saying and and still frustrated and confused as to why they missed out our part of the estate.  Yes deffo on EO and not on PCP33.  As the DP is so close to my home i would even pay to get it installed surley a 100M fibre cable connection can't cost that much. (How does HTTP OD work for example? It just bizare planning that OR would connect Parc y Castell but not Gwel y Castell (on the way up)?  I know you probalbiy don't care but it is so frustrating and I struggle to know where i can go next to get this resolved.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 16 of 19

Highlighted
Message 17 of 19

FTTPoD is a Business Product, it’s expensive and Openreach have put a hold on anymore orders until further notice.

As to why they’ve not done your part of the Estate I don’t know, you could spend months trying to get an answer why and still no one will tell you.

I know of dozens of areas where one street has it but the next doesn’t.

I can virtually guarantee you though because it’s not available on your DP they will not be able to provide it for you. Openreach have publicly said they will not amend/divert/alter the Network to Provide someone with FTTC/FTTP unless it was missed out of a Planned Upgrade by mistake, which your line isn’t. They’ve been quite firm on this and there are absolutely no exceptions.

I’m afraid it’s just a case of waiting to get FTTC/G.Fast/FTTP or you could potentially look into get some kind of Community Funded Fibre from Openreach or possibly another Fibre Network Provider.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 19

ok - thank for taking your time out for the information, you must be a senior person in OR to have all this info so thanks again Mr Boss man  - I'm not giving up the whole thing seems ridiculas in my eyes... Ive already started the community application form.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 19

Incase anyone is interested here is an update.....I applied for a community Fibre project and was abble to obtain funding to get it done with some grants if i could pursuade at least 10 properties to participate. Unfortunatley i could not get the numbers and subsequently I gave up the goast a few months back after trying all avenues.  To my surprise last week a fleet of OR vans and engineers turned up and have now fed through Fibre cable and spliced a nice junction point near my house.  OR Full Fibre checker confirms that my house is part of the ugrade and states "is coming" so  hope in the next few month to be able to order Fibre (FTTP).  I have no idea if my continious hownding of BT/OR had any effect on this desicion or if it was a simple case of luck but thanks for all the contributers/engineers who have assisted/tried to help me over the years.... although its not over till the fat lady sings im quietly confident now.

0 Ratings