cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Archie1971
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

FTTP not available - cable passes my house !!

I live on a new ish estate (2013) - we are mostly on EO lines but about a year ago Openreach Engineers came and fed some nice new fibre cable up to one part of the estate - they can now order FTTP.  The fibre cable passed my house (5 meters from my front door) via a footpath access manhole - my friends 4 doors down live on the same estate but on a different postcode and has FTTP but I can't order it even though it passes my home....it is very frustrating and every tweet/phone call Ive made all come to the same conclusion....computer says not answer.  now if i could get hold of a local Manager and just show him my predicament im shure he would agree that there would be no reason (except for post code) why a cable couldn't be fed to my house from the junction/splice point in the pavement (5/6 meters)..  any assistnace would be of great help. Photos (Edit: since removed) show footpath manhole off my drive and  my house shown in red and friend in green has FTTP (but different postcode)my drive  thanks

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: FTTP not available - cable passes my house !!

As this is a BT Retail forum, and has nothing to do with Openreach, all you can do is to keep chasing Openreach, which is why you did not get an answer in May, nobody on here can help with this.

Sorry.

I suppose you could ask the FTTP people on 0800 587 4787, they may offer some advice.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

Re: FTTP not available - cable passes my house !!

Because a Fibre Cable passes your house do you think that means they can just cut into it to get you FTTP?
0 Ratings
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 18

Re: EO Line - new build

@Starwire2000, I assume this is a joke, because that's very unhelpful.
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 18

Assume you have replied to the other post?
Starwire means what he says. A fibre cable is not like a water pipe for it to be cut into to provide service.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 18

The post I replied to is no longer there.
0 Ratings
Archie1971
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 18

I understand its not like a water pipe.... and I don't expect you can just "cut into the cable" but the general frustration is a valid one - there is a manhole less than 100m from my house with a DP from the same cable that goes past my house... DP BT Fibre.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

Is that a picture of what’s in the joint box at the end of your house?
0 Ratings
Archie1971
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 18

no - its the manhole as explained less than 100m away.. whats the average length of a connecting FTTP fibre cable from DP to property?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

It’s a Joint Box, a Manhole is an underground chamber you have to physically access with ladders.

Regardless, is it the one outside 2 and 2a Parc Castell?