cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

FTTP not available to me but is to my Neighbour

Hello I live in Frolesworth top end of the village nearest to the LEIRE Exchange

My neighbour further down (further away from the LEIRE Exchange) has just had FTTP installed yesterday 

When I put my postcode in FTTP is not available, when I call and speak to BT they say the same

How is this possible seems ridiculous to me 

any clues on how I can get FTTP I have already registered

Thanks

Neville

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: FTTP not available to me but is to my Neighbour

The distance a neighbour is from the exchange that can get FTTP , compared to yourself, that happens to be closer to the exchange is irrelevant, FTTP doesn’t come from the exchange,  even if they were closer than you , it’s still irrelevant …..every PON ( passive optical network ) has a boundary somewhere, there will be occasions where very near neighbours, possibly next door neighbours , could be either side of a PON boundary where one can order FTTP and the other cannot.

Its possible that your address can be served but due to some addressing data error your address has the wrong status , but that’s not very common and tends to be with non standard addresses,  is there anything out of the ordinary about your address , property in villages can be not uniform, like ‘ River view ‘ and ‘Rose Cottage’ instead of No.4 Soandso Street …

https://www.openreach.com/forms/fibre-broadband-availability---customer-form

ISP’s like BT can only go on the information provided to them , the above link has a part along the lines of        ‘ my neighbour can get FTTP but I can’t ’ , submit the form , Openreach should check your address and address data , and determine if you can or cannot get FTTP 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

ok I'll give it a go, thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Have you tried the OpenReach Fibre Checker?

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-checker

Does it show a date for your property?

Message 5 of 14

Hello

Yes thanks but no date is shown just says not available

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

As mentioned it could be you’re on a different PON.

Passive Optical Network.

Basically when Openreach do FTTP Network Build they create ‘PON’s’ which cover a Geographical area, usually consisting of up to 120 homes/businesses as a Large Node can accommodate 4 X SASA’s and each SASA, although having 32 Fibres they tend to leave 2 spare in case anyone Builds a further house.

Although a PON isn’t always restricted to just one Splitter, it can have multiple ones.

It isn’t uncommon for two PON’s to Border each other on a street, so say number 16 is on PON V9285 whereas the immediate next door neighbour at number 18 could be fed off PON V9824, which could potentially come from a completely different Head Slot in the Exchange.

Also not all PON’s are built and commissioned at the same time.

It’s a bit like a New Build Housing Estate, they’ll build so many and start selling in order to generate revenue to build more.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Thank you for the information

This village only has about 50 homes you would have thought 1 PON would have done the job

Just extremely frustrating to find its available to just a few houses and even more so when those houses are further away from the exchange and I am closer

Hey I've got a great idea @Openreach build out from the Exchange\Cabinets rather than the furthest point then leave every one nearer without FTTP

*RANT OVER*

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

I can see a Splitter. Well, I can’t physically see it but I can see there’s one there.

Leire Exchange is actually within my work area, although I’ve never actually worked there. I don’t think it is a Parent Exchange, i.e. one that houses the Head End’s, which is where the Fibre comes from.

Couldn’t tell for sure without checking but I’d hazard a guess Lutterworth or Hinckley has the Head End. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

@36ULW 

Any chance you can hook me up with FTTP 😃

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

I would love to know how you think this could be even a remote possibility.

0 Ratings