cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 27

FTTP not available to order in my street

Hi, can someone please advise what my next actions should be to my problem below. 

A few months back BT Openreach engineers appeared on my estate and started to install FTTP. About a month ago streets on my estate started to be able to order FTTP. However the street i live on can not order, despite houses on roads either side of me (some less than 100m away being able to order. They are also all served from the same green cabinet as me.

I wrote using an online form to Openreach and got a generic reply back saying there are no plans for FTTP in my area. This is obviously incorrect as 95% of the other roads on my estate can now order. It just seems a little strange that they would miss one or two roads off when the fibre is obviously running past the end of my road to get to roads either side of me.  I have tried to reply to this email asking to confirm but i am getting no response. 

0 Ratings
26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27

Re: FTTP not available to order in my street

@Lee1970 

Its not BT Openreach, there is no such company. Its just Openreach, and they work for nearly all providers. FTTP does not come from a cabinet.

Are you currently a BT Broadband customer?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 27

Thanks for the response and the correction. Yes i know that FTTP does not come from the cabinet but strange they would connect every other road on that cabinet but miss a couple off.

Yes i am currently a BT FTTC customer but being quite a long way from my cabinet the connection speed is not so good.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 27

@Lee1970 wrote:
Thanks for the response and the correction. Yes i know that FTTP does not come from the cabinet but strange they would connect every other road on that cabinet but miss a couple off.

Yes i am currently a BT FTTC customer but being quite a long way from my cabinet the connection speed is not so good.

There is not a lot you can do because you already have FTTC, so its not likely Openreach would install FTTP. 

The other properties that have FTTP, may not be able to order FTTC, because the cable length from the cabinet to their houses, may be too long.

The actual line of sight distance to the cabinet, is misleading, because the cable distance could be much further.

What connection speed do your currently get on FTTC, and what does the availability checker show?

Please enter your BT phone number into this checker, edit out your phone number, then post the results here.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 27

Thanks for the advice.
Little more info on this. This is a relatively new estate and everyone was able to get FTTC. Just over a month ago Openreach engineers appeared in mass on the estate. When questioned they told me they were upgrading the whole estate to FTTP. They even had the man holes open at the end of my road installing new equipment. A couple of weeks ago 95% of the roads on the estate were able to Order FTTP (and yes some of my friends who already have FTTC have now ordered FFTP) It would appear to me there has been a mistake made on the database for who can order. I just want someone to confirm to me 100% that my road is not able to get FTTP.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 27

@Lee1970 

Use the checker provided by Keith and let us know the results.

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 27

Nobody on this forum would be able to give you an answer, as only Openreach would know.

If you can provide the database information requested, then its possible one of the other forum members may have other sources of information.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 27

If you feel sure that FTTP is available to you then phone FTTP team and see what they say

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 27

Thanks for everyone's suggestions on here, I do appreciate it. 

This is my house

Lee1970_0-1601916109234.png

The streets either side of me show like this. 

Lee1970_1-1601916317817.png

I used to checker previously, this is how I found the roads close to me were able to get FTTP 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 27

Checker just shows FTTPoD available to you which is not the same so phone FTTP team on number I posted and see what they say

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.