cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 27

Re: FTTP not available to order in my street

thanks @imjolly, will try that tomorrow and see how i get on. All very frustrating at the moment as i though FTTP was coming. Knowing it's so close makes things worse LOL
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 27

So I called the number you supplied and they can see all the roads round me can get FTTP but not my road. Told me that Openreach are the only ones that can look into this for me and after their first generic email response will not reply to my emails.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 27

Just need to wait and hope openreach return to add FTTP to your street.  Nothing more BT can do

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 27

is the fibre around your street overhead? if so has your nearest telegraph pole got any blue string tied to it.

Also check roadworks they may still be working on your street.

We had this to, one side of the street could get fttp but the other side could not, but within month or so they started installing fbre with CBT on the poles.

Hopefully you get fttp soon.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 27

@jamie1985

no the service is all underground. The estate is only 15 years old. Frustrating thing is that I saw them installing what I believe is a node in a man hole at the on the main road at end of my road.  Every other road off the main road before and after me can now order. 
The openreach vans left about a month ago so don’t think they will be back. 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 27

Never say never,

Like i said my last bit of the street was last and then about nearly 2 months on we had Morrison contractors with fibre cables being installed.

Have you checked the openreach website, any idea what status it is at.

Hopefully you get FTTP soon, i know how frustrating it is when they do work then leave you in the dark no known what's going to happened nex't 😞
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 17 of 27

I'm in the same situation as you @Lee1970, I actually live on Dorset Close and I'm also connected to Cabinet 29 (small world).

I did a little digging this morning on the think broadband website.

https://labs.thinkbroadband.com/local/broadband-map#15/52.3581/-1.2922/geafttp/ 

I checked a few post codes for the streets that thinkBB show can't get native FTTP and the ones I found were all on cabinet 29. I did not find any properties on cabinet 30 (which serves most of our estate) that couldn't get it.

I did notice one street (Bronze Road) which only about half of the properties can get get FTTP.

Here's the map I made of the blanks from think broadband red can't get FTTP and blue can get FTTP

Capture.JPG

I was going to call the FTTP team but didn't bother as I suspected it will be a waste of time and the only people who can solve this is Openreach. I also expect getting hold of them to be a waste of time as they don't engage with end users.

Did you notice any of the Openreach people on your street pulling up the manhole cover outside your house? I work from home and as far as I can tell they never actually came down my road.

I hope I just missed them and it is a database error as you say, or they will be back in the next few months to finish off the last few streets.

George

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 27

Hi @Anonymous
I live on Dorset Close as well (small world ah) and i did the same as you as its seems totally random who can and cant get FTTP on this estate. There are a lot more roads active than you have marked. It's a total mess. I did not see anyone on the actual road that was pulling up man holes but did see them on Calverstone Road. I am not sure how close they fit the Nodes.
Openreach do actually talk to customers and have a form on their site to ask a question like this. I did that and got a response after about a week, However it basically said you can order FTTC and there are no plans to install FTTP in my area. Obviously they just copied and pasted a response. The form can be filled in here https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband-availability-customer
Maybe if you fill it in you will have better luck.
Now there are two of us working on this we might get somewhere. Not sure if i can contact you directly on here but happy for you to pop round for a chat some time. I at 33
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 19 of 27

@Lee1970 

I did fill out that form, along with another one for people who live in a new build that can't place an order. I also tweeted them but you got the exact response I'm expecting them to give me so I'm not holding my breath.

The black circles on the map from ThinkBB show all the other roads can get it so I didn't bother to mark those blue.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 27

Chaps, when you go on the openreach fibre checker what does it say?

For context I had the same issue except I spotted 3 out 9 streets were excluded because on the openreach fibre checker it didn’t say “faster and more reliable fibre is coming to your are soon”.

Have a look for my play book on here:  https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,25133.0.html