cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimBach
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

FTTP not available

Last year our village was connected to cable, but when I put in my address and postcode it says FTTP is not available to me. I thought at first that the local cabinet might be running at capacity, but when I try all my neighbours addresses it says it's available for them to order today. 

I've spoken to BT and Zen and they say that they can't help, it's up to OpenReach. But it's proving very difficult to get to speak to anyone at OpenReach.

We dont have a working phone line at the moment. Could that be a factor? 

It's driving me a bit mad.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: FTTP not available

not having a phone line is a problem for the checker

enter your address and post results  remember delete address http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
JimBach
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Thanks for the quick reply. It says we are on a 'waiting list'.

When I try a neighbours address it says 'Available'. 

Could it simply be that not having a phone line throws the system? We are set off the road in a field, but we have poles that carry the old, diconnected phone line and electricity.

Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 14.59.39.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-09 at 15.00.07.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

have you tried FTTP team 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JimBach
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

I was put through to the BT FTTP people last week. They said that the 'computer says no'. He admitted that he was there to sell products and if his computer doesnt offer FTTP for a property then there is nothing he can do. He said to contact OpenReach. I've already filled in an online form with OpenReach, but they say it can take 28 days to reply.

I need a good speed broadband to be able to work from home (I run a graphic design business) so you can understand my frustration.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

so is this a business line/connection?  you may have more success if you were getting a business line with a better service level agreement should you get loss of connection

0 Ratings
JimBach
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

I haven't gone down the business line connection, just applied as a home connection. Perhaps I should go down that route. But is it ultimately OpenReach that will say yes or no? As mentioned BT and Zen just say 'check again in 6 months'. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

business is more likely to help and residential line are not supposed to be used for business purposes as per T&C

JimBach
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

Thanks. I will keep on plugging away and see how I get on. 

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 10 of 12

Whoever you deal with you need an ORDI (Openreach Database Integrity) check to be raised.

There may be only one person in the sales team designated to raise one the others should be aware but may not think of it as it's unusual.

0 Ratings