Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Littlepace
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

FTTP on demand? And possible price??

So I can't find anything anywhere on how you go about enquiring to have FTTPOD setup. We are on FTTC but not getting particularly great speeds and I am interested in trying to purchase an FTTP line. Does anyone know what sort of price I'd be looking at? We are just under 1km from the cabinet.

I appreciate any info!
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: FTTP on demand? And possible price??

it does not come from the cabinet and FTTPoD is for mainly business use hence the cost

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/pricing/loadProductPriceDetails.do?data=0WyIM7tTGGguc...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Littlepace
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Well I'm wanting to upgrade for business reasons! My family runs a logistics firm and we have half of the office work done at home. Could you explain the pricing structure for me? There's several tables with different prices so I'm not really sure which one I am supposed to refer to.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

as a business user you need to post here as this is a residential forum  https://business.forums.bt.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

FTTPod is quite a niche product and not many providers offer it ( as far as I know BT don't ) , so you would have to enquire with a provider that does....the old way of pricing FTTPod was based on distance bands from the Aggregation Node ( not the FTTC cabinet ) 0-250m, 251-500m, 501-1Km that sort of thing , but now it's a more bespoke estimate for your individual address, you can get a 'free' non contractual desk based estimate, to get a ballpark idea of costs , if after receiving that, you still want to proceed I believe it's £250 to get the contractual cost of provision, if you don't proceed you don't get the £250 back, if you do its subtracted from the cost of provision .
Other forums have threads about people who have been down this route , desk estimates over £10k seem quite common, and many who got a previous 'banded' estimate ( and didn't proceed hoping the new way of pricing would be cheaper ) complain that the new way of costing is considerably more than the old

0 Ratings