cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 21 of 77

Re: FTTP on demand from 2013 if you can afford it?

Yep!

My ex who now lives in a small Cornish seaside village can get Infinity at 67.4mb but I can't - so personally FTTP roll out should wait in my humble jaundiced view.

0 Ratings
astar27
Expert
Message 22 of 77

you've gotta remember that cornwall has had extra funding from the EU. but i shouldn't worry, the area all around there, north devon, east devon, west somerset etc etc are all in the same boat as Bridgewater, probably even worse. you're just lucky that you've got someone called James Baker running things around that area.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 23 of 77

I can only see FTTP on Demand really being beneficial for people who work from home, or if your have some cash to splash 😉

Not to sure if this has been posted since i haven't been on here in a while lol! http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/super-fastfibreaccess/fibretothepremisesondemand/fttpo...

There are exchange announced in the fact sheet trialling FTTP on Demand from the end of this month. 

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Click4
Message 24 of 77

Re: BT Promises 330MBps starting in Spring 2013

What if, like me... im currently fed overhead.

Pole is directly infront of our house, and at the base of the pole is a pit... inside that pit from what I saw, is a watertight connection box which has all the connections for the wires that go to the connection box at the top of the pole.

So I see no reason why they couldnt lay the fibre to that pit.. then go through the side of the pit and if I dig our property and install a duct they should be able to transfer the cable underground.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 77

FTTP can also be supplied via the overhead network
0 Ratings
Supertourinvec
Contributor
Message 26 of 77

If FTTP on demand comes out I'd happy buy it to be honest.. Time to do away with the copper wiring.

0 Ratings
StuartTheFish
Contributor
Message 27 of 77

It's correct that it can be done overhead, I was one of the few who first did it.
0 Ratings
jimmehr
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 77

I would be more than happy to get FTTP on demand if it becomes available.

A council building next door to me has a leased line so there should be some fibre ducting already installed or even possibly spare fibres available to use so would be a doddle for openreach to install it for me.

0 Ratings
Alan63
Expert
Message 29 of 77

I'd love it...just to see that needle swing off the scale. but probably don't need it until streaming products (4k flims etc) become mainstream maybe never.... 

diminishing returns and all that given what i use 'terweb for... tunes/films/games/books not much really and i think i'm pretty common profile - so if it does turn out to be a material hike on current costs then 'no deal'. Has to be competative.

0 Ratings
hifistud
Aspiring Expert
Message 30 of 77

For me it's the stability at high transfer rates for upload, and the potential for symetrical speeds - getting 100mbit upload would be the icing on the cake, but the 33 that's going to be on offer gives me all the bandwidth I can use at the moment - the notion of streaming what we do in 1080p and loads of folks having the bandwidth to get it down in real time excites me. WHat we do can be seen at Vapour trails TV if you're interested. Powered by Infinity, you might say.

Bottom line - as soon as I can get it, it's getting installed.

0 Ratings