cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
egward53
Contributor
Message 71 of 77

Re: FTTP on demand from 2013 if you can afford it?

Lets hope the ISPs will consider subsidising the installion cost a little in return for a long(ish) contract.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 72 of 77

Yeah, it has been mentioned in discussions.

Heard people hoping for partial funding from their local council as well, which wouldn't be a too bad idea in my opinion.

The main factor will be how long you are in contract with them in my opinion, I just hope there is some good initiative plans to get people purchasing it in groups.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Enigma123
Expert
Message 73 of 77

Yeah just had an email back from openreach saying it will be at my cabinet later this year, which really doesn't help me as two other fibre cabinets are closer to me and the one i'm connected to now is 900m away and the other two are only 150m max. So don't think i will be getting FTTP at those prices but i'm not renewing yet i'm going to wait and see what happens with FTTP.

I'll see how the pricing goes and if their is a sugnificant reduction in the cost of installation and also the monthly fee and i really don't want to be tired down for like 5years or something like that! Openreach also say there is a site survey to do as well which is bound to cost as well.
0 Ratings
egward53
Contributor
Message 74 of 77

I'd like to inquire with OR to get an idea when it will be available, what email address did you use to contact them?

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 75 of 77

He is referring to FTTC I would imagine as your cabinet needs to be FTTC enabled. Though you probably can pay for fibre all the way from another FTTC cabinet but would cost you a lot!

Note: The fibre doesn't split at the FTTC cabinet it's at the Aggregation node, which is just before the FTTC cabinets (normally).

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Enigma123
Expert
Message 76 of 77

ryant704
Distinguished Expert

Re: FTTP on demand from 2013 if you can afford it? [ Edited ]
Options
‎16-03-2013 15h59 - edited ‎16-03-2013 16h00

"He is referring to FTTC I would imagine as your cabinet needs to be FTTC enabled. Though you probably can pay for fibre all the way from another FTTC cabinet but would cost you a lot!

Note: The fibre doesn't split at the FTTC cabinet it's at the Aggregation node, which is just before the FTTC cabinets (normally)."

Nope i am referring to FTTP my exchange was one of the first to start testing out 330 Mbs FTTC has been in my area for years now im sure it was one of their early stage test sites for FTTC, i contacted openreach on their website it took a few days for them to reply i'll find the email they sent, along with an email address for you 😉

Dear Mr Xxxxxxx,

You are connected to High Wycombe exchange cabinet SM/HY 12. Fibre on demand, or FTTP at home will be commercially available later this year.
However, Openreach install and maintain the network, we do not sell services which run over the network, to order fibre on demand, you will need to go to a service provider of your choice, who, when the service is available will detail the pricing options. Please note that fibre on demand service requires a site survey.

Regards

Tony xxxxxxx
NGA Enquiries
Email:- nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk|
W Web: www.openreach.co.uk
Openreach is delivering fibre broadband services to communities across the UK as well as installing and maintaining the communications infrastructure that links homes, businesses, public and voluntary sector organisations to their Communications Providers' networks.
0 Ratings
egward53
Contributor
Message 77 of 77

Thank you, yes we were referring the FTTP ondemand.

I'll send an email and see what they say about it for me, thanks again, its appreciated.

0 Ratings