cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

FTTP order delay

I hope you have better luck than I'm having. In exactly the same position as yourself and having been bombarded with emails and post to get me to sign up to FTTP, I took the plunge and placed an order on 15 November and booked installation for 29 November.  Part of the reason was I'm due to get driveway re tarmacked in the new year and want it done before then in case they have to channel.  Received Hub2 on 27 November. Was then told installation would be delayed till 8 December, then subsequently discovered on the BT app that the 8 December appointment had been cancelled. On contacting BT I was told there had been a "miss match" between them and Openreach and that they would have to cancel the order and recreate it a few days later which would result in a further delay.  They called me on 3 December to advise they had recreated the order and the first available installation date was 24 December. Told then Xmas eve wasn't suitable so it is supposed to happen on 5 January but I'm not confident. In the meantime a second Hub2 was delivered yesterday!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: FTTP order delay

Hi @alistair94 

Thank you for your post and welcome back!  I have moved your post to start your own thread discussion as the thread you had posted on has already been marked as solved.

I am sorry for the delay with your Full Fibre order.  I can see that you have been given a few dates for installation only for these to be cancelled.  It's obvious from what you have posted that you have had a tough time with your order and I would be as annoyed as you are if that was happening to me.

We can pick this up to understand what is causing the hold up.  One of the mods will take personal ownership of your complaint to ensure you're fully aware what is happening and what happens next until you're connected.  We'll be able to deal with the entire complaint however our sole focus will be on the service and getting it up and running as soon as possible first of all.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

15th of November? Oft not too bad. Been waiting a few months to have an ONT registered and it's always a matter of the computer saying no. Been around all the providers and finally back to BT with my order just open an exec level complaint. Because lets be honest, I get BT Retail and Openreach are seen as separate companies, but BT still has the upper hand when it comes to Openreach. 

Does your happen to fail when a contractor is involved? That's where mine always fails. I have had a flashing PON for 7 or so weeks and still no resolve. Kellys get confused when they turn up, see an ONT & CSP already installed, make a racist comment about call centres then walk away. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@FTTPtoNoWhere wrote:

but BT still has the upper hand when it comes to Openreach. 

Not so, Ofcom regulations forbid Openreach giving preference to any provider, including BT Retail.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

According to some staff dealing with my order, this still is the case.

0 Ratings