cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

FTTP package upgrade problems

Hi,

I upgraded my FTTP connection from the Fibre100 package to the Fibre300 package earlier this week. Ordering to begin with was a pain and I had to go through a couple of departments on the phone to get the order sorted.

It was due to change over yesterday, the order tracking says the order is now complete and if I log in to my account it now says I'm on the Fibre300 package, however nothing has actually changed on my end and I'm still getting the exact same speeds as on the Fibre100 package so it would seem the upgrade hasn't happened.

How long does does it usually take for the ONT to move onto the new speed profile?

Pic attached of what my account is now saying

Screenshot_20200808_153012.jpg

Many thanks for any help!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: FTTP package upgrade problems

Power down the ONT for 5mins. If after reboot the problem persists ring the FTTP team. 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Thanks pippincp, I did try powering it down, but it was only for a minute or so. I'll try again for 5-10 and see what happens.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

No joy with the reboot unfortunately, I'll give them a call, hopefully I'll get through to someone who can sort it!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Thanks pippincp, I've done quite a few spedtests and it's dead stable between 145-150mb as it always has been, so I'm pretty certain nothing has changed. on the phone to them at moment but haven't got anywhere so far...

Fingers crossed!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Well after another order being put through over the weekend I'm now halfway there with this problem. 

As of this morning my download speed is consistent 300-310mb, but it seems the upload speed, which is also important with the other half working from home, seems to be stuck at 30mb exactly as it was on my last package - we should be getting 50mb now.

Could this posssibly be something to do with the SH2 profile issue? And is there any easy fix known?

Many thanks for any help!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Quick update... a SH2 factory reset sorted the upload speed issue for 10-15 mins then limited to 30mb again. Time for the SH2 to be binned!

0 Ratings