cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

FTTP problems...0.3mb MAX download speed...waiting for a cease & re-provide for over a month!

Where to start. I joined BT on the 7th Oct 2021 and since then I have had nothing but problem after problem. I moved into a new property which already had the FTTP ONT box installed. I received my HUB2 my problems began, I spent about 8 days calling back and forth with BT to get an engineer out to get the light to turn from orange to blue. after the third engineer and a call with the DCOE team we finally got a connection, however I was only now getting max download speeds of 0.3mb...I should also mention here that when I joined BT I signed up for the fullfibre500 package and 0.3mb was pathetic.

Now from this point up until now I am still stuck in the middle of the BT/Openreach back and forth. I had a further 3 engineers out to come and check the issue to why I was getting only 0.3mb, the conclusion from the senior openreach engineer was that I needed a cease and re-provide as all the checks at the exchange to the house were fine. 

The cease and re-provide was initiated on the 22nd of October, since then I have been getting text messages every 4 days from BT saying that they are either waiting on openreach for updates or still looking at the issue. I was originally told on the 22nd Oct that the cease and re-provide would only take 24hours! 

4th Nov I get a text from BT that I needed to get my service re-routed to another cabinet to try and resolve the issue, this is where I am now convinced that BT/openreach have no idea what they are doing and I am in an endless loop. I have FTTP which means my service comes from an exchange and NOT a cabinet (as that is FTTC), after this text I then get another text from BT to tell me they are still working on the issue 😕

This whole time I have been trying to wfh with a measly 0.3mb, which has been extremely stressful for me and my family, but with that 0.3mb it was better than nothing....fast forward to 19th Nov I have no lost all internet connection. My Hub is now orange and I have not had any communication from BT about what is going on. 

Every time I try and call I either get cut off after 30mins, on twitter I have asked only to be told I should get an update on the 23rd (5 days after my service was cut off) I can only assume that the fact my box is now orange means that BT have finally put the cease and re-provide in action, but why is it taking 5 days to give me a service again?

Can anyone help? has anybody has anything like this happen to them before? why is my cease and provide taking over 4 weeks to complete. I just need answers, its getting beyond a joke at this point! 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: FTTP problems...0.3mb MAX download speed...waiting for a cease & re-provide for over a month

what colour of lights are on ONT?

are you dealing with FTTP Team 08005874787?

FTTP does not come from the exchange or a cabinet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: FTTP problems...0.3mb MAX download speed...waiting for a cease & re-provide for over a month

Lights on the ONT are all green.

Thanks for the direct number, I will try and give that a call

0 Ratings