cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

FTTP question

Go to solution

Hello. How come this website page says FTTP is available - BT Broadband (btwholesale.com)

But open reach website says there are no plans for FTTP at my property and BT website when I log into my account says no FTTP on offer ?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: FTTP question

Go to solution

It sounds like  the BT Wholesale Broadband Checker is saying FTTPoD (FTTP on Demand is available) rather than WBC FTTP?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

If the dslchecker does not show FTTP available then unless your neighbours have access to fibre then you just need to wait

Post dslchecker results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Ah yes - and actually I've just seen it then says at bottom FTTP not available. So what is FTTPoD ?

So it says FTTP on demand available but then at the bottom says FTTP not available and that the exchange is not an FTTP priority list one

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

FTTPoD is an expensive business product

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
Oh I see. Fair enough, thanks.
BTW how come the open reach website says there is 80Mbps fibre to cabinet but fastest service offered by BT is 40-50Mbps ?
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

The cabinet is capable of 80Mbps but the speed at your premises will be determined by the distance from the cabinet.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Posting dslchecker results will clarify what is available to you bearing in mind that connection speed reduces the further you are from the street cabinet

original.png

Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Openreach checker is using the marketing product speed rather than the actual speed estimate which is why it says "Supports speeds up to 80Mbps". Up to being the key words.

The BT Wholesale Broadband checker will give you a more accurate estimate range that Communication Providers such as BT use to provide a simpler looking speed range you can expect.