cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

FTTP remote activation failed and Cease and Re-provide failed

I ordered my fibre to the premises at my new apartment on 21 December 2020. The previous tenant had left some time before this and from all I can tell canceled their account with BT. I had selected 18 Jan 2021 as my activation date. The digital voice service showed as activated on my order on this day, however the hub did not show as connected nor did was the hub able to connect to the internet. 

I spoke to a member of the technical faults team on 19 Jan  and I was told there is no issue with the line and that a new smart hub would be sent. However he agreed that there was likely an issue with the activation. 

On the 20th of Jan I was told that a cease and re-provide would be done. This was originally scheduled for the 28 and was moved to the 27. This did not work and I was told that there was now and issue with the order on open reach side. I’ve now been told that they are working on it can can give me an update on 1 Feb. No one is able to confirm when my service will be activated. 

What causes these issues? And since my line is fine why does the orders process at BT not allow for someone at some level to simply reset the order and click a button to activate the internet service?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: FTTP remote activation failed and Cease and Re-provide failed

if only it was that simple!!

if getting FTTP what colour are lights on ONT?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 3

Re: FTTP remote activation failed and Cease and Re-provide failed

ONT:

Power on solid green

PON on solid green

Port 1 flashing green (BT hub connected Orange)

Tel 1 Flashing green

All other lights on ONT are off (nothing on LOS)

0 Ratings