Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jonodavies69
Beginner
Message 1 of 35

FTTP router keeps on dropping out

HI! I am having a bit of a nightmare with my BT FTTP broadband.  The router keeps on resetting randomly up to 10 times a day on average at least. The  router we have is the smart hub.

I have tried another smart hub which I was sent by BT which acts the same and i have even tried 2 different 3rd party routers from TP Link that also acted the same.

Initially it was my daughters apple devices ( Ipad pro and Iphone 6s + ) we thought was the issue as they even crashed the router just be simply being turned on in our premises. These devices are always turned off now whilst at home but the problems persist.

It's beyond annoying now. I have tried EVERY fix suggested online and am at wits end.Please can anyone help us?

Thanks

0 Ratings
34 REPLIES 34
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 35

Re: FTTP router keeps on dropping out

you need to contact the FTTP  TEAM on 08005874787 for assistance

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
jonodavies69
Beginner
Message 3 of 35

ok i will try them tomorrow and see what they say before contnuing here. Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 35

The mods on here cannot help with FTTP problems

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
jonodavies69
Beginner
Message 5 of 35

oh ok thanks for the info 🙂

0 Ratings
Gnomie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 35

My fttp has been faultless on home
Hub and own router.

I would suggest an engineer call out to assess the connections.

If the actual router isn’t rebooting but it’s the connection dropping, fibre connectivity sounds suspiciously faulty 🙂

Speak to the fttp team. If it drops out so frequently a drop out in an engineer visit should prove the fault for you 🙂
0 Ratings
jonodavies69
Beginner
Message 7 of 35

Hey,

I have had a engineer out 2 weeks ago who have tried to swap the smart hub and the modem on the wall but the drops keep on happening.

Initially we thought they were more or less associated with my daughter's apple devices ( Iphone 6 + and ipad pro )  as we went for days without any drops when my daughter was away for half term with her mother. 

The day she got home the router drops within a few seconds of her entering our home. It's uncanny. 

She gets more connection time on her ipad than she did a few weeks ago but last night it dropped out again around 10 times in an hour then was fine for another hour.

I have contacted BT fttp again last night and await their call today to discuss the next step.

if there's anybody out there that could chime in on something constructive then please don't hold back 😄

thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 35

Is it actually disconnecting, or is it just the wireless that is dropping out?

Large uploads are known to give issues with the home hub, and can cause it to totally disconnect, so could it be that the IPhone and iPad are uploading lots of data to the cloud?

Wireless issues with Apple stuff are usually sorted by splitting and renaming the SSIDs.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44798/related/1

jonodavies69
Beginner
Message 9 of 35

Hi,

Yeah im pretty sure we disabed the upload to cloud settings ill double check them now.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 35

@jonodavies69 wrote:

Hi,

Yeah im pretty sure we disabed the upload to cloud settings ill double check them now.

Thanks

Then it may be the wireless issue I mentioned, although you said you had problems with another router as well, which would point to an issue with the ONT, or the Ethernet connection from the ONT to the home hub, which I assume is just a short physical cable.

0 Ratings