cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maryemm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 31

Re: FTTP router keeps on dropping out

Whilst posting my "Reply" I kept getting the message that Safari was unable to carry out my directions as the "server was not available". Ended up posting twice!!

0 Ratings
jonodavies69
Beginner
Message 22 of 31

no the mobile device can be upstairs in a completely different room and still knock the signal off. the ipad pro which worked last night for a good few hours , this morning its knocking it off every 5 mins.

to add insult to injury bt never phoned me back yesterday morning as arranged but phoned this morning 5 mins before i woke up and now say they will ring monday as i missed their call.

never a dull moment lol
0 Ratings
jonodavies69
Beginner
Message 23 of 31

no the mobile device can be upstairs in a completely different room and still knock the signal off. the ipad pro which worked last night for a good few hours , this morning its knocking it off every 5 mins.

to add insult to injury bt never phoned me back yesterday morning as arranged but phoned this morning 5 mins before i woke up and now say they will ring monday as i missed their call.

never a dull moment lol
0 Ratings
jonodavies69
Beginner
Message 24 of 31

well ours definatly seems to get messed up when some more devices are added to the mix. but ours goes from green to orange to blue always when it happens.
0 Ratings
Maryemm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 31

Looks as if the same thing happened to you . I received an automated message stating I had "multiple postings" from the Community. This was because Safari said I was not connected!

Before we had FTTP I had my own BT helper (UK) with her telephone number as my speed was so low, She was really helpful.
0 Ratings
Adamworbey
Message 26 of 31

Did you manage to sort your problem as I have exactly the same problem and I'm pulling my hair out trying to find a solution?!

0 Ratings
jonodavies69
Beginner
Message 27 of 31

Hi... 

Tbh no we didn't really get an answer to it other than the fact the apple devices drive our connection mental 🙈 b.t tried everything they could to no avail.

We got my daughter an unlimited data sim card for her phone and she says upstairs on her apple devices using her phone as a hot spot and this seens to have solved our issue as a fix.

Reason i know its not fixed completely is because she recently smashed her phone and since then she tries to use her ipad and it causes havoc again.

Its very frustrating for sure!!

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 28 of 31

Sounds more like an apple issue. I'm still not sure apple backup has not been disabled or rate limited otherwise why are there not hunderds of complaints here.

0 Ratings
jonodavies69
Beginner
Message 29 of 31

Tried everything with the devices too.

It doesnt effect every apple device neither though cos my mother in laws  and my sons works fine. 

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 30 of 31

It's certainly a strange one and obviously not a common problem. Get the daughter an android phone?

0 Ratings