cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArfDowry
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

FTTP still not connected after 7 weeks!

Apologies for the length of this but I have really had enough!  On 24 June moved into purpose-built accommodation for Veterans that is approx. 1 year old, with newly installed FTTP to all rooms. All equipment (modem etc.) installed in the flat, ready to go – or so I thought. The order was placed and the timeline below shows the hassle I have had. Now initially I could understand the problem as the previous occupier hadn’t cancelled the service before leaving. However, over 7 weeks later and it still seems beyond the technical expertise of BT or Openreach to be able to cancel the connection and issue me with a new one. I am living in the flat and can prove that beyond doubt, but this doesn’t seem to be enough for this to get resolved?!

24/6 – placed order

26/6 – email ‘your BT service is about to start’… Hub arrived.

27/6 – due “live”. But nothing….

28/6 – BT rang to say cancelled as service showing live and no record of account. Advised I had just moved in to the flat. Advised previous occupant had vacated (in fact the immediately previous occupant had sadly died the day he was due to move in, so unlikely to be him, but maybe the person before.). Told BT will have to try to contact occupant twice before affecting a disconnect.

3/7 & 8/7 - BT called explaining service issues and still showing as live. Advised them of previous conversation about previous occupant.

9/7 – BT called asking for serial no of modem. Apparently, they have no record of it at the premises – despite it having been operational for nearly a year…

10/7 –Rang BT back with serial no of modem – 4857 5443 F7B2 9D9B. Power, PON and Port1 lights all static green on the modem. 

18/7 – another order opened but unable to view it, system error.

20/7 – BT left message saying order reissued and expecting connection 25/7. Emailed received ‘Thanks for choosing BT’. Assumed all OK now. Oder subsequently marked as complete.

22/7 – BT called to say service still showing as active and can they have serial number?!!!  Gave it to them again. They think the service was with another provider and they may have to wait to get Openreach to intervene. They will ring tomorrow (23rd).

24/7 – email received ‘your new BT service is about to start’.

25/7 – Email received ‘one or more of your BT services is stopping’ (specifically unlimited weekend calls). Then another call to say still looking into the issue. Two orders will be opened. Email received saying ‘thanks for choosing BT’. Order says order amended, broadband cancelled! Order marked as complete!

26/7 – Complaint logged VOL013-*******. Call from Openreach to say they are investigating "urgently". Since then nothing.

1/8 – Email to say ‘your BT services is ending’ (specifically unlimited weekend calls).  Another order opened.  Marked as complete but cannot view content of order as I get an “internal error”.

If anyone can advise how to get this issue resolved I would be so grateful, I am fed up with having the same telephone conversations over and over again and getting nowhere! My mobile signal is dire at best, and I need broadband and landline to stay in contact with the rest of the world!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: FTTP still not connected after 7 weeks!

are you dealing with BT sales or with the dedicated FTTP team on 08005874787?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ArfDowry
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Dedicated FTTP team.
0 Ratings
ArfDowry
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Update:  Call from BT on Wednesday afternoon apologising again, saying they have had no response from Openreach (whats new?).  Complaint has been escalated to a 'senior manager' and I will get another update today sometime.

0 Ratings
ArfDowry
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Well, unsurprisingly no call on Friday as promised...

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @ArfDowry I'm sorry to see your FTTP connection has been delayed, the moderation team are unable to help with FTTP orders however if you send over your details we'll give the Fibre team a nudge to get you an update. 

I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings