Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomG1989
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

FTTP telephone pole

Go to solution
I ordered FTTP yesterday and booked the engineer appointment. From experience should I expect a visit before this to connect the fibre from the telephone pole across the road to the outside of my house? Or is it done in one appointment?
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: FTTP telephone pole

Go to solution

It is now one visit.

CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

@TomG1989

Just as a heads up, do you know where you want the FTTP hardware installed? 

Also congrats on getting FTTP, hope you went for a nice speedy package Smiley Very Happy

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
TomG1989
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
Yes I know where I want it. I’ve read posts in the past stating they connect it to the outside of your house separately to your pre-booked appointment. I didn’t want them doing it somewhere that was completely inappropriate for my setup when I wasn’t in. How will they go about doing it over a busy main road?!

We went for Infinity 2. We don’t need mega speeds but I think that will be enough. We’ve been used to 1mb/s maximum for the last 3 years!
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

That was the original way it was installed. Now Openreach are using CTB (connectorised terminal block ) which simplifies installation requiring just one visit.

There's a video HERE which may be of interest.

TomG1989
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks for this. So will a new cable be installed following my current overhead copper line from the telegraph pole?
0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Yes, it can be delivered overhead as well as underground.