cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

FTTP upgrade available soon

So the Openreach site shows we will be upgraded to FTTP soon, we have FTTC at  the moment.

Any idea what timeline they mean by soon ?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: FTTP upgrade available soon

Sorry but only openreach know the timescale of 'soon'. Just need to keep using the dslchecker as that will show when available

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

You can call and ask customer services to send an NGA form which will get them the information you need. You will usually see openreach updating the lines months before it becomes available to order though.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

I'm sure it's very variable, but if it helps Openreach installed fibre in my road on 22nd July - and I was able to place an order in mid-September.

A long lens and the OR guys waving their paperwork around was all I needed to work out what they were doing in the street 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Similar situation here. Lots of OR activity locally 3 months ago, and nothing.......no notifications or anything from BT.

However when checking at https://www.bt.com/broadband/deals I could see the message You could be doing more online with Full Fibre 900, and you can get BT TV. See below for your personal speed range.

So signed up with BT for FTTP there and then. All other ISPs were reporting that Fibre was not available!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Here Openreach completed the street digging in late July and eventually I got FTTP in early November.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Mainly because many ISPs don't offer FTTP

0 Ratings