cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Octopus16
Message 1 of 10

FTTP upgrade

I've just been told that my area is being upgraded to FTTP, after years of ADSL. What speeds and latency have you been achieving over BT Ultrafast 250?? And what is the hub like??

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: FTTP upgrade

Are you an existing bt broadband customer?

if so enter your phone number and post results.  https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
albertj
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 10

Hi @Octopus16 

Welcome to the Community!

Lucky you! 😊

These cables can support over 1gbps (eventually!) and are being profiled down, you should have no problem getting this kind of speed.

You get the Smart Hub 1 (with WAN Port to support the ONT) if you don't get Complete Wi-Fi, and the Smart Hub 2 if you take out Complete Wi-Fi or Halo 2. Obviously, you will also get the Wi-Fi Disk(s) if you have Complete Wi-Fi. Both work well, albeit a few problems with the SH2 and Smart Home devices, but these can be fixed.

With FTTP you can easily swap it out to your own router if it has a WAN Port. 

Thanks,
AJ

--
If I have helped you in anyway please press the Kudo button (thumbs up)
If I have resolved your post please click 'Mark as Accepted Solution'
Octopus16
Message 4 of 10

Screenshot (15).png

Thanks for replies. Being installed due to business down the road ordering Fibre On Demand, linking us up too.

0 Ratings
albertj
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 10

@Octopus16wrote:

Screenshot (15).png

Thanks for replies. Being installed due to business down the road ordering Fibre On Demand, linking us up too.

It's available for you, are you able to place an order?

--
If I have helped you in anyway please press the Kudo button (thumbs up)
If I have resolved your post please click 'Mark as Accepted Solution'
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

to place an FTTP  order you need to phone FTTP team 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Starwire
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 10

Says you can only get 350/50.

The Head End where you are might use ECI Technology as all the Nokia and Huawei sites I work on say the EU’s can get 1000mbps.

0 Ratings
Octopus16
Message 8 of 10

It’s quite confusing, really!

I can’t actually place an order with BT, yet!

The reason the fibre was installed is because of a fibre on demand request down the lane, so they’re connected down the lane, but they’ve said we’re being connected on the 2nd February 2020.

Its very interesting because the fibre is connected with an exchange in a city, 10 miles away, and ADSL (current) is fed with a rural exchange, both in different county’s!

This means our new number on 2nd of February will be a different dialling code to my local one!

Our system will be, once installed, capable of 330mbps downlink and 50 uplink. A business package would be 1000mbps! I’m going for 330 probably!

This information was told to me by a local Openreach engineer, while he was completing a site survey.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 9 of 10

@Starwire wrote:

Says you can only get 350/50.

The Head End where you are might use ECI Technology as all the Nokia and Huawei sites I work on say the EU’s can get 1000mbps.

Not all ISP's who sell fibre are offering 1000Mbps, BT certainly isn't yet.

@Octopus16 As the checker says its available you should be able to order it via BT even though the install is delayed.

0 Ratings
Starwire
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 10

Regardless of whether BT Consumer/Business sell Openreachs 1000mbps Service the Wholesale Checker would show that regardless.

I’ve been working on a over lay site for the past few weeks and have been helping people how to check if they can get it. The BT Wholesale Site says they can all get 1000mbps regardless of what Provider they are currently with.