cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

FTTP upgrade

Go to solution

Tempted by BT's early black Friday deals, I'm on FF 150 and could get 900 for an extra £15 a month.  Just wondering if it's worth upgrading?  I'm not a gamer and the only demand would be Netflix and working from home.  Would there be any noticeable difference?  Would it increase WiFi speed?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: FTTP upgrade

Go to solution

do you have problems with your current connection and internet speed?  if not then why change.  if you decide to change you do not need to select top package

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Your WiFi speed may increase if it’s currently limited by the broadband speed you currently have , but as already stated if your current service is sufficient then you may not notice any difference, if you WFH, the extra upload may be useful , but is the upgrade worth it ?, it’s not really something others can give any worthwhile advice about…it’s your choice,
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the replies.  My speed is currently very good.  Wifi is fairly good too so probably no point in upgrading.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@tmarsh12345 having a faster connection will mean you can use more devices without any drops in speed. We're currently on 50mbps in our new house but it can get maxed out pretty easily so we're going back up to 170mbps to give that buffer... Can't see any need for anything faster tbh unless you've got kids streaming and gaming online at the same time