cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

FTTP went from coming soon to no plans

Hi.

Wondered if anyone could advise.  Currently on FTTC and area is in scope for FTTP.  The contractors turned up about 6 weeks ago and were in my estate for a couple of days laying the fibre.  Had a quick chat to them and they confirmed it was the pre work from FTTP they were doing.  Obviously with lock-down anticipated delays but was happy at least the fibre was down.  Been keeping an eye on the wholesale checker every couple of weeks but still not live.  On the actual openreach website it was showing as "coming soon" and was the same on the Superfast Scotland site (which I think takes a feed from Openreach).  However today I had a quick look and on the wholesale checker still nothing but I also quickly checked the Openreach fibre checker and I noticed it is now showing as "no plans" for FTTP and is the same on Superfast Scotland.  I have seen other posts where people have had this happen only for FTTP to pop up to order a few days later.  Is that a normal part of the process that the checker is "resetting" somehow or should I be worried that the area has been stood down or taken out of scope for FTTP?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: FTTP went from coming soon to no plansg

You just need to keep checking the dslchecker until you see available. Only openreach know if or when it will made available 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Re: FTTP went from coming soon to no plans

Thanks for the reply.  My understanding is that the DSL checker/wholesale checker will just show that it is unavailable until its actually made live and ready to order (which is what I was expecting).

It was more that the openreach fibre checker on Openreach's own website as well as superfast scotland had it showing as coming soon but suddenly went to showing "no plans".   Wondered if others had seen the same before FTTP went live.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

So I left this for a few weeks and then got in touch with Openreach.  Someone got back to me to say they were checking on this for me and then after about 5 days or so replied and said all going to plan it they have my area scheduled to go live for orders by end of Sept.  That was a couple of weeks ago.  However both Openreach's website and Superfast Scotland still show my areas as no plans for FTTP (where they did previously show coming soon).  In addition there has been no further activity with regards to engineers.  They put the fibre in 3+ months ago now (was into existing ducting) but nothing has happened since, no sign of pull ropes at properties or anything further.  I am remaining sceptical for the moment as it all seems off to me that they laid the fibre but then the Openreach site went from coming soon to no plans and there has been nothing done since.  Although as I say when I emailed them OR did say it would happen by end of Sept.  Anyone seen similar in their area before go live?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

I have had the exact same thing in my area, said it was coming soon now says no plans. It also changed a couple of weeks after the engineers were in. What number did you use to get hold of them?? Every number I try just takes to to already existing customers which I am not. I have not managed to speak with anyone since the engineers left.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Happened on my checker too, I rang Openreach direct and they said nothing had changed, FTTP will be with you very soon.

Contractors have been working outside my house today so the moral of the story is "Don't always believe what the checker says"

Last week.

better broadband.jpg

This week.

we are sorry.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Has anyone had any update on this?? I have tried a million different ways to actually get in touch with a human from Openreach but it is impossible. Some of the worst customer help I have ever known. I am still just left on unavailable since the engineers left.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

@Hillza 

My FTTP was installed almost two weeks ago and very happy with the results with what went on previously as seen above..

Regarding updates you are better off checking One Network  and seeing what's going on in your area.

If you see Openreach engineers working in your area get your boots on and ask.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Hi.  I eventually was able to order FTTP.  Basically the openreach checker is all over the place and will change between coming soon to not available.  For me it went from coming soon to no plans and only at the last second went back to coming soon.  Neighbouring postcodes who were also getting it showed different things at different times too.  You need to keep checking the actual BT wholesale checker and once that goes live you can order.  If they are physically doing the work it will eventually go live.  From them turning up and laying fibre to it all being signed off took about 6 - 7 months but I have heard stories of 2 plus years.

Process for me (new build with ducting already in place).  The fibre was put in then an openreach guy went round and inspected it about a month later.  Following that a whole bunch of sub contractors turned up a few months later and made everything live.  Then a final inspection by 2 Openreach folk.  The longest wait was between the first guy inspecting it and the subbies making at all live.  Once it was made live it was about a month between then and being able to order (about 2 - 3 weeks after the final inspection).  I think the process might be quite different if the ducting isnt there.

If you want to get hold of openreach there is a form you can fill in rather than calling them.  They actually did respond to me after 2 or 3 days.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

@bemak187 

Hi.  I eventually was able to order FTTP.  Basically the openreach checker is all over the place and will change between coming soon to not available.  For me it went from coming soon to no plans and only at the last second went back to coming soon.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Exactly the same with me 100%

0 Ratings