Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McG
Contributor
Message 1 of 18

FTTP

Hi,

As per the checker it says I can get fibre to house but when I try to order it, the systems says I can't...can someone help me out? Anyone able to order for me? 

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: FTTP

if checker shows available for your phone number then phone FTTP team 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 3 of 18

Are you sure it doesn't say FTTP on Demand which is an expensive business product?

0 Ratings
McG
Contributor
Message 4 of 18

Yes I'm sure.

It specifies my address and that I can get ultrafast 250 for 49.99pm

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 18

are you using your address or the more accurate your phone number when using dslchecker?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
McG
Contributor
Message 6 of 18

My postcode, house number and phone number.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 18

if your phone number on dslchecker shows FTTP available or is it GFAST you should be able to phone the number I posted to order  if you phoned what did FTTP say?

0 Ratings
Starwire
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 18

If it’s saying you can get up to 250mbps I’d say it’ll be G.Fast because FTTP WBC would either say 330 or 1000mbps, not 250.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 9 of 18

@Starwire  he's saying he can get ultrafast 250 which is the FTTP/G.Fast product sold by BT.

He's also stated the DSL checker specifies FTTP.

0 Ratings
Starwire
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 18

Ah right, didn’t even realise there is a 250 Package. I remember there was a 220. 

I’d say 80% of the installs I do are people getting the 80/20. 15% the 55/10. 3% the 160 and the last couple the 330/50.

A few people get the 40/10 but usually it’s elderly people who have been mis-sold it when renewing their contract. It’s not explained to them what they’re being sold and some of them get quite visibly distressed when we show up telling them we’re going to be drilling holes in walls, putting in more cabling, etc.