cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

FTTP

Hi I recently moved to a new home in Southfleet Kent and was miss-led by a search engine as to the broadband speedbefore I purchased. After research I found out from the open reach website on their roll out list that they should be 'accepting orders' for FTTP yet the open reach website still states coming soon and BT our provider cannot take an order. The exchange is less than 200m as the bird flies from our property and is fibre enabled so I have two questions, why can't I place an order and if so close how much would it be for my own FTTP to be installed. 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: FTTP

enter your phone number and post results  if number does not work use address not post code

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Hi thank you imjolly and tried the link that stated FTTP not available but how is it that the Roll Out states they should be accepting orders as per the attac he'd 

Screenshot 2020-06-07 at 16.03.20.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

that could be anywhere in Southfleet and not necessarily where you actually live

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Hi imjolly, the Southfleet exchange is 200m from my home and Southfleet is a small village so that why I am confused

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

FTTP has nothing to do with the exchange

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Hi imjolly 

What I have seen details that the exchange has to have have fibre, this is then taken to a cabinet (FTTC) and then run to the houses on the existing copper lines. The new FTTP takes fibre direct to the property increasing the speed. I was informed that the exchange has to be fibre enabled to get FTTP and the past price lists for having your own paid for service depended on how far from the exchange you were. If this is not correct please could you let me know what FTTP is please.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

FTTP is fed from an OLT (optical line terminal), which may or may not be located in your local exchange, to a splitter node where it divides to the individual premises. It is fibre all the way and goes nowhere near the cabinet.

FTTC is entirely separate and is fibre from the exchange to the cabinet and then copper to the house.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Hi Licquorice and thank you for explaining the difference, I did see that the exchange has to be enabled and I don't know if you have the know how but the roll out list states that FTTP/FOD is ready to order from Southfleet. So my original question was if its ready why can't I order and if a costly thing for Openreach to one property can I order for my home at a cost?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

The screenshot you posted is a generic list of broad exchange areas that are intended to have FTTP, as @imjolly  said, your particular location may not necessarily be cabled yet. Have you spoken to the FTTP team 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings