cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

FTTP

I recently had engineers around to upgrade my broadband from FTTC to FTTP, with a download speed of 500mb down & 75mb up.

But when they'd finished they said that there was a fault between the exchange & the pole, as everything from the pole to the equipment installed at my house was working perfectly.

The problem is this, when I checked mybt it said I would need to rebook the engineer, so I phoned them today, and said the earliest rebook date was the 24th May, but I'd already wanted 5 weeks out of courtesy due to the pandemic, I'm not prepared to wait another 5weeks for the fault to be fixed, being as BT are already charging me for a service they're not providing.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: FTTP

If there is a fault between the exchange and the pole, other customers fed from the pole will also be affected. Call the FTTP team to find out what is happening 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

What's the point of an engineer coming to you if the fault is between the exchange and the pole? Which exchange area are you in? I'll have a look to see what faults are listed.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

I’m attached to the Tunbridge Wells exchange.

The one thing I did forget is they even left me without a working phoneline my old FTTC broadband is still connected.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Have you spoken to the FTTP team on the number I posted?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

There are currently no FTTP service affecting issues in Tumbridge Wells.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

That’s the number I phoned yesterday & got told about the earliest rebooking, I’m trying them again now, in case there’s been any changes.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Been in touch with the FTTP on the number you gave me on Monday, just had a text message back that they are still waiting on an update from Openreach, which is now getting unacceptable as they've left me without a working phoneline.

I do have an 02 mobile, but if they happen to be working on a mast in my area, there's a good chance I won't have anyway of making or receiving calls even in an emergency.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Any emergency calls are picked up by any providers mast. If the O2 mast is down one of the others will pick it up and put you through.